i'm new here - expectations
Though I've followed blogs for years - to the point where I feel like I am BFFs with some of them - having a consistent blog is uncharted territory for me. I kept a low-key study abroad blog, and have written guest blogs, but never had something that is just, well, me.
So... what's this thing going to look like? Well, if you know me, you know I'm not a fashionista, fitness guru or wise-beyond-my-years lady. So you're going to get a little mix of everything.
Things I promise will make the blog:
- Miraculously cute outfits
- Young Professional (YoPro) content - job & internship tips
- An earnest attempt at physical and financial wellness
- Travel guides
- Little things on my radar
- Funny moments
- Products/Recipes I've tried
- FOOD (after all, why else would anyone move to New York?!)
- Long-form essays
- and whatever else I find intriguing, frustrating, exciting.
Things I won't promise will make the blog:
- Professional quality photos
- High-end outfits
- The secret to work-life balance or growing up
- Consistent posts - let's aim for once a week for now?
To me, there's nothing better than reading an article or blog about something and feeling like "YES! They get it!" or "this is me." The goal here is to help make this sort of open age range/transitioning group a community. We all are exhausted after work. We all are trying to have good Instagram captions. We all are wondering if we're the only ones feeling like this.
If you're still reading... thank you! I set some pretty clear expectations, no?
cheers to something new,